When heading out on a hike, ensure that you are prepared for what is ahead of you.
In preparation remember:
- Proper Footwear (sneakers or hiking boots)
- Proper Clothing
- Water Bottle
- Walking Stick (optional)
- Trail Map (available at any of the 3 trail heads)
- Watch out for the rare and beautiful Lady Slipper flower that can be found blooming along the trail in the spring.
- Hike the Shore Line Trail (accessible from Trail Head #1) at low tide for the best view.
- Antigonish Harbour Tide Schedule: http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/month/179.html
- Want to know more about the trail? Check out the video about the trails at the Cape George Heritage Museum!
- The Bubbly Springs trail gets very muddy after a rainstorm.
- When hiking from the Cape George Lighthouse (Trail Head #3) to Ballantynes Cove Wharf (Trail Head #2), you can leave a vehicle at the wharf and drive up to the lighthouse to begin your hike so you don't have to walk up the mountain or back the trail.